Friends of Johnshaven School
Following our AGM, held on January, the new office bearers elected for F.O.J.S – ‘Friends of Johnshaven School ’ 2016-2017 are as follows:-
Chairperson – Lynne Denny
Secretary – Karen Mason
Treasurer – Vacancy
The Scottish schools (Parental Involvement) art 2006 gives parents the right to receive information about their children’s education and to be represented and have their views expressed through the Parent Council.
The main functions of the group are to
- Support the school in its work with pupils and parents
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact and communication between the school, parents, pupils, the community and other providers
- Report to the Parent Forum (at Johnshaven this means all parents).
- Regular updates on our Facebook page include details of fundraisers, meetings etc. https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfJohnshavenPrimarySchool/timeline
For further information about FOJS, please contact any of the office bearers or Johnshaven School.
F.O.J.S meets twice per term and has its AGM in January of each year.